Annual General And Special Meeting 2016 Voting ResultsJuly 8, 2016 7:37 pm
AZARGA URANIUM CORP. (TSX:AZZ) (“Azarga Uranium” or the “Company”) announces all resolutions put forward at the Annual General and Special Meeting (the “Meeting”) of the Company’s shareholders (the “Shareholders”), as further described in the Company’s information circular dated 16 May 2016, were approved, including the following:
- Setting the number of directors of Azarga Uranium (the “Directors”) until the next annual general meeting of Azarga Uranium to seven (7).
- Election of Directors: the nominees listed in the management proxy circular dated 16 May 2016 for the Meeting of the Company held on 30 June 2016: Alexander Bayer; Curtis Church; Richard F. Clement, Jr.; Joseph Havlin; Matthew O’Kane; Apolonius (Paul) Struijk; and Kim Huatt Ng were all elected as Directors until the next annual general meeting of the Shareholders. Detailed results of the vote for the election of Directors held at the Meeting are set out below:
- Appointment of BDO Canada LLP as auditors of the Company for the fiscal period ending December 31, 2016 and the Director’s right to fix the remuneration to be paid to BDO Canada LLP.
- Settlement of outstanding debt in the aggregate amount of US$44,400 owing to three employees and one independent consultant of the Company by the issuance to such employees and consultant of up to 123,010 Class A common shares (each, a “Share”) of Azarga Uranium.
- Issuance of 812,500 Shares (collectively, the “Bonus Shares”) as a bonus payment to certain insiders, employees and a former employee, who was an employee when the Bonus Shares were earned, of the Company (which was approved by a majority of disinterested shareholders).
For further information please see the Company’s Report of Voting Results, which will be filed on SEDAR at www.sedar.com.
About Azarga Uranium Corp.
Azarga Uranium is a mineral development company that controls six uranium projects, deposits and prospects in the United States of America (South Dakota, Wyoming and Colorado) and the Kyrgyz Republic. The Dewey Burdock Project in South Dakota (the “Project”), which is the Company’s initial development priority, has received its Nuclear Regulatory Commission License and the Company is in the process of completing all other major regulatory permit approvals necessary for operation of the Project, including those from the Environmental Protection Agency and the South Dakota Department of Natural Resources.
For more information please visit www.azargauranium.com.
Follow us on Twitter at @AzargaUranium.
For further information, please contact:
John Mays, Chief Operating Officer
+1 303 790-7528
Mark Hollenbeck, Dewey Burdock Project Manager
+1 605 685-3376
Disclaimer for Forward-Looking Information
Certain statements in this news release are forward-looking statements, which reflect the expectations of management regarding its disclosure and amendments thereto. Forward-looking statements consist of statements that are not purely historical, including any statements regarding beliefs, plans, expectations or intentions regarding the future. Such statements may include, but are not limited to, statements with respect to the Company’s continued efforts to obtain all major regulatory permit approvals necessary for operation of the Project. Such statements are subject to risks and uncertainties that may cause actual results, performance or developments to differ materially from those contained in the statements. No assurance can be given that any of the events anticipated by the forward-looking statements will occur or, if they do occur, what benefits the Company will obtain from them. These forward-looking statements reflect management’s current views and are based on certain expectations, estimates and assumptions, which may prove to be incorrect. A number of risks and uncertainties could cause our actual results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by the forward-looking statements, including without limitation: (1) the risk that such statements may prove to be inaccurate and (2) other factors beyond the Company’s control. These forward-looking statements are made as of the date of this news release and, except as required by applicable securities laws, the Company assumes no obligation to update these forward-looking statements, or to update the reasons why actual results differed from those projected in the forward-looking statements. Additional information about these and other assumptions, risks and uncertainties are set out in the “Risks and Uncertainties” section in the Company’s most recent MD&A filed with Canadian security regulators.
The TSX has not reviewed and does not accept responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of the content of this News Release.